Joel Gascoigne's four steps:
- Have an idea
- Cut it down
- Share the idea, get feedback
- Go with your gut
Of course, Joel gives a fair bit of detail about each step. Have a read, and then throw in the following points:
- First of all, these steps are not sequential. The idea needs to keep evolving and mutating based on the feedback you receive. Don't let the idea become static.
- Follow these tips from Paras Chopra if you want to increase your chances of actually making money.
- The importance of getting feedback cannot be overstated. Feedback from potential customers and fellow entrepreneurs needs to happen throughout the whole process.
- Once you think you're ready to get started, don't start by building code. Start by listing out your hypotheses.