- Meet weekly (or more often if you can manage it)
- Identify the single most important question facing the business
- Break it down into parts that feel answerable
- Figure out how you can get answers (or partial answers) quickly
- Get those answers before your next meeting, then repeat
A key point he notes is that most of the answers did not need any coding or product development. That is true in my experience too, though it can be, for some reason, a counter-intuitive pill to swallow for someone with a builder mindset.
Why code something we won't end up wanting? It would take longer, and we can make phone calls today.